Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Global Repentance

I Chronicles 16:23-24
“Sing to the LORD, all the earth; proclaim his salvation day after day. Declare his glory among the nations, his marvelous deeds among all peoples.”

I continue to be amazed at how God can take a humble blog and use it to touch hearts around the globe. I am able to check the country of origination of people reading my blog (through my blog statistics). I sit here tonight, praying, typing, asking God for the words to write. Knowing that He has beloved children around the world, who read my blog, intensifies my desire and purpose to deliver knowledge of God through this blog.
2 Timothy 4:17
“But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all might hear it…”

Readers in Russia, China, India, United Arab Emirates, and dozens of other countries are as dear to God as I am to Him. He is no respector of people – He loves me no more than He loves YOU! He desires a personal relationship with each of His children, no matter their nationality, their ventures into false religion, or their lack of knowledge of Him. Perhaps owning or reading a Bible is a life-risking scenario for some of these dear people. Yet, we are told that the Gospel will be taken to every inch of the planet earth before Christ returns. He is not willing for any soul to perish and spend eternity in the pits of hell. He is full of compassion and grace. God is not just the God of America!

For those without a Bible, I share these divinely inspired Words from God with you. Read them. Pray them. Absorb them into your mind and soul. Allow them to transform your life. Find repentance and forgiveness in these Words. Realize that God is God of all – American, Russian, Indian, China, Iranian, North Korean – there is not one that He does not love and desire to be his or her Savior and extend the gift of eternal life in Heaven.

Exodus 19:5
“…Although the whole earth is mine”

II Kings 19:19
“Now, O LORD our God, deliver us from his hand, so that all kingdoms on earth may know that you alone, O LORD, are God.”

Nehemiah 9:6
“You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.”

Psalm 86:9
“All the nations you have made will come and worship before you, O Lord; they will bring glory to your name.”

Ezekiel 36:23
“I will show the holiness of my great name, which has been profaned among the nations, the name you have profaned among them. Then the nations will know that I am the LORD, declares the Sovereign LORD, when I show myself holy through you before their eyes.”

Daniel 7:13-14
“In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him…”

Habakkuk 2:14
“For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.”

Zechariah 14:9
“The LORD will be king over the whole earth. On that day there will be one LORD, and his name the only name.”

Matthew 28:19
“Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit”

Mark 13:10
"And the gospel must first be preached to all nations.”

John 3:16-17
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.”

1 Corinthians 10:26
“…"The earth is the Lord's, and everything in it.”

2 Corinthians 5:19
“that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ...”

Philippians 2:10
“that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth”

Colossians 1:6
“… All over the world this gospel is bearing fruit and growing…”

I John 4:14
“And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world.”

Jude 1:25
“to the only God our Savior be glory, majesty, power and authority, through Jesus Christ our Lord, before all ages, now and forevermore! Amen.”

Perhaps a reader – American or Russian, Indian or Chinese – has never paused for a moment to consider the greatness of the universe, created by the hand of God. Perhaps he has not considered the complexities of his own body and how God’s created man (and woman) hold mysteries that the minds of medicine will never understand or comprehend. Perhaps he believes his sins are too wretched for a perfect God to love, accept, and forgive him. Perhaps he has been blinded by false religions and teachings that have separated him from God. Perhaps a Bible will never rest in the hands of someone in a country where Christians are persecuted.

There are no “perhaps” with God – He will see to it that the Gospel is taken to the entire world and its inhabitants. He will forgive the most grievous of sins. He will flood a repentant heart with love and peace beyond description. He will love each one who seeks Him and finds Him. He will offer the gift of salvation – life eternal in Heaven when we depart from this earth. He will seek those who are lost.

In closing, consider Scripture from the Amplified translation (Matthew 18:11-14):

“For the Son of man came to save from the penalty of eternal death that which was lost.


What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray and gets lost, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountain and go in search of the one that is lost?


And if it should be that he finds it, truly I say to you, He rejoices more over it than over the ninety-nine that did not get lost.


Just so it is not the will of My Father Who is in heaven that one of these little ones should be lost and perish.”

Lost sheep of the world, God the Shepherd is searching for YOU! Please pray this prayer of forgiveness and salvation:
Gracious Father,


I admit that I am a sinner. I am sorry for my sins. I believe that You sent Your Son, Jesus, to this earth to die on a cross for the sins of the world. Forgive me, Father. Come and live in my heart. I love You, Lord. I believe!

In Jesus’ Name I pray. AMEN.

(If you are a believer in Christ who reads this blog, please take a moment and post a comment with this post - words of encouragement and Scriptures to share with our brothers and sisters around the world.)

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I have been wandering around the last couple of days with "The Earth is Yours" (gangor) in my head. It's a pretty simple song, but its Turth is exciting to me. The Earth is God's and everyone in it - all peoples of all nations! He will continue to call the peoples to Him!