Saturday, December 19, 2009

Stranded in the Big Apple?


Our daughter and son-in-law are in New York City this weekend. If you have viewed the weather forecast for the Big Apple, you are aware that a monstrous winter storm is headed their direction - possibly over a foot of snow. Their flight home tomorrow night might be cancelled due to the weather.

They are having a wonderful time sight-seeing and I will post some photos that they have sent me thus far. One especially meaningful one is at St. Patrick's Cathedral where my daughter lit a healing candle in my honor. She said until my candle burns out, someone will be praying for my healing. Thanks, Sis!


We have had some good laughs as they consider being stranded in New York City. In the event stores and restaurants close and they don't have access to food, they are prepared (I guess her Girl Scout training to BE PREPARED is praying off!) They have purchased bottled water, Ramen noodles, granola bars, and the world's largest Reece's Peanut Butter Cup! At least I know they won't starve.

No comments: