Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Breaths

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away .....

Young bride in white, walking toward my husband at the altar ……

Instantly knowing that new life was growing inside of my body (times three) ........

Locking my eyes with the eyes of each of our three daughters for the first time .......

Holding my grandson to my chest and kissing his head for the first time ........

Clutching and reflecting on a life of love from my parents …....

Walking out of a hospital from Intensive Care Units and breathing in fresh air as I recognized God's faithfulness from delivering me once again (grass never looks so green or the sky so blue as when I emerge from a hospital stay) ……

Glimpsing each of our daughters in their wedding gowns for the first time …..

Swallowing with pride and gratefulness as I watched each of our daughters receive their college diplomas ……

Ocean waves bounding toward me with the mighty roar of God’s power…..

Mountain heights touching the Heavenlies ......

Niagara Falls’ thundering power and presence ……

Beauty and serenity of walking in a snowstorm

…… the hush that the blanket of new-fallen snow emits.

The moments that have taken my breath away …….

1 comment:

Deb Light said...

Stacie,
Wishing you many more of these breath taking moments in 2010.You Inspire so many and I am Blessed to call you "Friend"!
Hang in there as best you can and I just know God isn't finished with you yet!
God Bless,
Love & Laughter,
Deb