Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Strike

I have been composing my "Review of 2009" for my blog. I am truly marveling at all that I have been through this year and all that God has brought me through this year. If you believe you have never witnessed or known a miracle of God - take a moment to reflect on all of the serious situations from which He has delivered me this year. He has been so faithful and good to me.

A part of me became very heavy hearted and fatigued just reading and reviewing how much time, effort, and resources that leukemia has robbed from me in 2009. Upon my review of 2009's blog entries, I made an executive decision today - I am going ON STRIKE from all medical appointments, lab draws, and injections for two days - Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

I called the doctor's office and told them to cancel my Christmas Eve blood draw appointment. The receptionist, I believe, was concerned and questioned my logic (kind wording for sanity). I assured her that I have decided I am going to take my Neupogen injection tonight (instead of tomorrow) at home, thus, helping to ward off any spells of neutropenia over the Christmas celebrations.

So, I am officially, ON STRIKE from all medical interventions to celebrate Christmas. I might like this strike so well that I may never return to the world of doctors, treatments, and hospitals.

No comments: