Thursday, December 17, 2009

Request for Prayer & Update: December 17, 2009

I continue to struggle with intense bone pain, infections and chronic neutropenia. In addition, my hemoglobin and iron levels are low, so my energy levels are very low - not a good trait to have during the Christmas season.

I continue with the Neupogen injections, which Kevin is giving to me at home. These help to prevent serious infections while my own body is not doing a very good job fighting infections. We do not yet have final culture reports from the samples obtained from the November 9th sinus scope.

Tomorrow, I am scheduled for a chest x-ray due to a lingering cough to be certain that I do not have Pneumocystis Pneumonia (PCP - a very deadly form of lung infection for the immune compromised patient). Also, I will have MRI's performed on my lower back and hip. Due to the severity of this pain, we need to be certain that the leukemia has not infiltrated into my bones. I have never been able to complete an MRI due to the very enclosed equipment. Please pray that I will be able to complete the MRI's tomorrow as we need this information. If there is not leukemia in the bones, and the pain is from the ongoing herniated discs, I am probably going to have to have steroid injections put into my spine to help me live with this pain.

My monthly IVIG infusion will take place all day Monday. Please pray that I do not have any serious reactions with that and that it helps and not harms me.

My trusted family physician is going home to Iowa for a week beginning this Saturday. Please especially pray that I do not become ill or need hospitalized while she is away.

No comments: