Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Enchanted Christmas Forest

This evergreen vignette holds numerous Christmas memories for me. The wooden sleigh and rocking horse ornaments were purchased on our honeymoon some 27 years ago. The Christmas Mouse (low center) was one of the few drug store ornaments placed on our first Christmas tree as newlyweds (I now ponder who would want mice on their Christmas tree?) The white snowflake ornament also partook in our first Christmas tree. My brother (only 11 years old on our first Christmas together) took it off of my parents' Christmas tree and brought it to our house. I believe he was concerned we wouldn't have decorations at our new home. It has been
on our tree every year since he donated it to our cause!
I adore Christmas - the perfect time of year to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior. We fill our home with decorated trees. The twinkling lights on each one,
remind us of the Light of the World whose birth we are celebrating. The ornaments and decorations, all hold special memories, stories, and meaning to me. This photo shows our formal living room tree's ornaments - crosses, scrolls with Scripture, and other decorations that represent the True meaning of Christmas. This is a full-length photo of the living room tree. My Christmas present from my husband was a new digital camera and I am still mastering the lighting and functions on the camera.
This tree is one of my favorites and is in our Great Room. It is bedecked with ornaments that each tell a story. Some were handmade by our daughters when they were young. Others were gifts from family and friends. Wooden bead garlands are reminiscent of trees from bygone eras. This tree warms my heart and brings tears to my eyes as I treasure each ornament's memories.
Snow speaks to my spirit. The hush of a night-time snowfall invites me to walk in it as the flakes tumble from Heaven onto my little piece of earth. A childlike portion of my heart becomes extremely excited for snow on Christmas. These ornaments hang on my snowman themed Christmas tree. My newest tree addition was made last Christmas. It can be found in the nursery at our home for our baby grandson. This is one of his ornaments on his baby blue tree decorated with all ornaments related to a baby boy.
Our kitchen Christmas tree is decorated with gingerbread boys and girls and candy garlands.
This tree is decorated with angels. Many of the angels are little girls, purchased when our three daughters were at home - they even have curly hair if you look closely. It is a reminder to me of the golden streets, lined with angels and the Light of the World who will welcome me when I enter the gates of Heaven. On the Angel Tree, we have a photo of our beloved Golden Retriever, who passed away a few years ago. We had raised her from a tiny puppy of 5 weeks to 12 years of age. She brought great joy to our home and she is an angel in our memories and on this Christmas tree.












No comments: