Monday, December 7, 2009

Dancing Through Life's Storms

I read the other day - Life isn't about how you survived the storm ..... it's about how you danced in the rain! Truth abounds in this statement. Life will always be saturated with storms. God's Word (the book of Acts) even tells us this fact - “We must, through many tribulations, enter the kingdom of God.”

All of us will suffer heartache, financial set-backs, illnesses, loss of love ones, or a multitude of life-changing, heart-breaking events. What allows some to walk victoriously through life's storms versus being ultimately defeated and destroyed, is certainly determined by HOW we dance in the rain of those storms.

My adult life has encountered many violent storms. We have nearly lost our daughters to medical happenings. We suffered a great financial loss due to the company going bankrupt for which my husband worked. A blood clot in my lung nearly killed me when I was 27 years old and five years later I learned that I had leukemia. My heart has broken as I've watched loved ones turn their backs on God. It's certainly not been a life paved with ease. Yet, I continue to dance. I continue to praise God in all of my life storms. I continue to have faith and allow God's peace and joy to infiltrate my heart, soul, and body. Thank You, Lord, for not allowing the torrential downpours of my life sweep me away from Your presence. AMEN.

1 comment:

justme said...

You are certainly a fighter and an inspiration, Stacie. I'm so sorry you continue to be in so much pain. I hope that something grows out very soon now on your fungal culture; that it can then be quickly treated; and that treating it results in a great lessening of your pain.

Continuing to pray for you.