Tuesday, November 4, 2008

When You are Hurting

When your heart is breaking and the troubles of the world seem overwhelming, turn to God's Word for help and encouragement.

When you are in sorrow ..... "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14: 27

When you are worried ..... "Therefore, I say to you, 'do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his statue?'"

When God seems far away ..... "O Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thoughts afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, but behold, O Lord, You know it altogether. You have hedged me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain it." Psalm 139: 1-6

When you are in danger ...... ""No evil shall befall you, nor shall any plague come near your dwelling; for He shall give His angels charge over, to keep you in all your ways. In their hands, they shall bear you up, lest you dash your foot against a stone." Psalm 91: 10-13

When you are lonely or fearful .... "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me, Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

When you want peace and rest in your life ..... "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30

When you feel down and out ..... "Who shall separate us from the love of God? Shall tribulation or distress or persecution or famine or nakedness or peril or sword? ..... Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us." Romans 8:35-37

No comments: