Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A Poem from Costa Rican Missionary

My friend, Jessie, a missionary to Costa Rica, sent this poem to our church.

Traveling on My Knees

Last night I took a journey
To a land across the seas.
I didn't go by ship or plane -
I traveled on my knees.

I saw so many people there
In bondage to their sin
And Jesus told me, "I should go,
That there were souls to win."

But I said, "Jesus I can't go
To lands across the state."
He answered quickly
"Yes, you can-
By traveling on your knees."

He said, "You pray,
I'll meet the need.
You call, and I will hear
It's up to you to be concerned
For lost souls far and near."

And so I did, knelt in prayer
Gave up some hours of ease,
And with my Savior by my side
I traveled on my knees.

As I prayed, I saw souls saved
And twisted persons healed.
I saw God's workers' strength renewed
While laboring on the field.

I said, "Yes, Lord, I'll take the job,
Your heart I want to please.
I'll heed your call and swiftly go
By traveling on my knees."

Please keep Jessie and her work in Costa Rica in your prayers. In an earlier post, I listed her address where financial support may be mailed.

No comments: