Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Prayer for My Grandson

Precious Lord,

I praise You this day for the gift of my grandson. I marvel at the miracle of his perfectly created body – each finger and toe numbered precisely. I stroke each curve of his tiny face, sculpted by the Maker’s hand. His mind is active and learning, absorbing information at an astonishing rate. How fearfully and wonderfully he has been made. Thank You, Lord for this priceless, precious baby.

Draw His heart toward You. Place a desire in his heart to know You and serve You all the days of his life. When trials and tribulations come his way, be ever present to give him strength. When blessings come his direction, let him thank You for Your goodness.

I ask that Your richest blessings cover him and the years of life that await him. Grant him perfect health and soundness of mind. Surround him with the love and devotion of his parents to raise him and love him in a home filled with peace and happiness. Direct all of his steps on the paths he should pursue.

Wrap Your loving arms around Him, Father. Let Him know how much you love him and how much I love Him. When I am gone from this earth, let my words, my prayers, my love for him, and the time I have given to him, all remain fresh and alive in his memory and in his heart.

You are an amazing Heavenly Father. You are the Perfect Creator. I praise You for this little life.

In Your Priceless and Precious Name I Pray. Amen.

No comments: