Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Prayer Requests & Updates

Thank you for your prayers for our daughter, Stephanie. She received good reports at her cardiologist on Monday. God continues to have His hand upon her and her precious heart and lungs. She does not have pulmonary hypertension and some other valve concerns were not as concerning at this appointment. Thank you, Lord.

Today has been a challenge, needless to say. My doctor called me today to tell me that yesterday's CT Scan of my sinuses has worsened since the last CT Scan in September. This worsening is despite IV Micafungin, Amphotericin and Posaconazole antifungals, and two antibiotics. We are so perplexed and concerned. She mentioned concerns of a return of Pseudomonas - a very dangerous bacterial infection that almost killed me once before in 2007.

This evening, Kevin and I headed to the hospital so two more antibiotics could be added safely with medical personnel nearby in the event of reactions. We added oral Biaxin and Tobramycin inserted into the sinus cavities. Currently, I have two different medications requiring twice daily insertion directly into the sinuses. It is an uncomfortable procedure to do once a day. I do not look forward to doing this four times a day.

Thank you for praying.

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Hello Stacie
I just finished reading your blog. You are such an amazing young lady. I pray for you daily, and I have added you and your family to our prayer list at church.

I do want to tell you that you have been my inspiration. Because of your continous faith and love in the Lord, you inspire me to do the things that I have been able to do for the Lord. Myself along with a few others have started up a new church in the Terre Haute. The name of our church is New Birth Community Church. We begin in an open lot next door to the house Elzie Pittman and his family lived in on North 14th Street, in the heart of drugs, etc. On the first Sunday of October we had a church dedication service in Gilbert Park, and we "the church without walls have found a home" we are currently located in the Old National Bank building on Lafayette Avenue and Maple Avenue in 12 Points. It has been a great deal of work, but it is worth every minute. Some of the children from the center go to the church with me, and they are a big part of the church. We have been together for about three months now, and already we have a youth group "Youth On Move", youth choir, youth praise/dance team, adult choir, adult praise/dance team. We will be having our pastors installation service in January 17, 2010. We are looking forward to the service. We are hosting a Gospel Concert at Booker T. Washington Community Center the beginning of December. If I sound excited, it is because I am. I find so much joy doing the Lords work. I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers. Know that God loves you, and so do I.

Jeanie Winston
812-223-6446