Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Major Praise Report: October 14, 2009

I offer God all the praise tonight - my LDH level was normal, so the possibility of Richter's Transformation has greatly decreased for me.

Secondly, I just received an e-mail from my family physician - I have a NORMAL WBC (White Blood Count) of 8600. I am in awe of His greatness. I don't know that I have ever had a normal WBC in over 13 years! (You might recall that my WBC was nearly 170,000 when I began treatment in June.)

I saw my family doctor today - several more lymph nodes have enlarged. Since the LDH and WBC are normal, she is more inclined to believe the nodes are from the fungal infection.

We are in the process of juggling medications. She and I both have great concern over the recommendation to switch to the antifungal Voriconazole. It can cause some serious side effects, including cardiac side effects. And when combined with Cipro (which I take daily), the cardiac risks become moderate. She has recommended that we hold on the switch from Posaconazole to Voriconazole until the weekend. We reintroduced the Amphotericin tonight and will give it a few days to see if the temperature resolves and if the sinus/lung infections improve. If not, the Voriconazole will be added and Cipro subtracted. Then I will have to be desensitized to another antibiotic to replace the Cipro. Please pray that the infection and temperature will improve before the weekend. I have another fungal infection on my skin and began medication for that.

I am humbled at His mercy and His goodness that He extends to His children.

Thank you for your faithfulness in praying for this "end stage" leukemia patient - perhaps God still has other plans for me.

No comments: