Saturday, October 10, 2009

13 Months Old

Yesterday, Lil Man turned thirteen months year. His Mommy commented that he had reached his "teenage months". I thought that was cute. He is growing and learning by leaps and bounds. He keeps this Grammy on her toes - on the go nearly non-stop.

My Dad calls him "F-1". F-1, I know, you are curious about this nickname. On the Fujita scale, tornadoes are ranked as to how much damage they have generated. Lil Man, an F-1, is on the lower end of the scale but can certainly demolish a home in a matter of minutes. My utensil drawer has new fascination for him and is frequently emptied (minus any sharp or dangerous utensils). Book shelves can be evacuated of all books within a matter of moments.

I have never witnessed a 13 month old as strong as Lil Man. He has been walking since he was 9 months old, so he is almost at a run nowadays. And he loves to move pieces of furniture. I am not kidding about this. He can push chairs, ottomans, and small tables all around our home. My husband calls him Sam Sappington, mover extraordinaire.

Some of Lil Man's new tricks:
-Says BRRRR when he has cold food or beverages
-Holds his nose when something smells bad
-Shows his "belly button" when you ask him where it is at
-Says Dog-Dog for his dog Allie
-Says Ba (for bottle)
-Claps (alot) when he sees the gallon of milk
-Dances circles around the Dancing with the Stars' dancers
-Kisses (and sneaks in a little bite with his kisses once in awhile)

He continues to bring much life and joy into my life. When I rock him to sleep, I always ask him if he has any idea of how much his life has strengthened and encouraged my will to fight and to live. He will never know how much .....

No comments: