Monday, October 12, 2009

Prayer Requests: October 11, 2009



I ask for prayer for our oldest daughter. She is our twin who was born with a congenital heart defect. She is seeing one of the best congenital heart experts on Monday. A test earlier this summer showed increased pressure in her pulmonary vessel - the concern being that the hole in her heart could be causing increased pulmonary *lung) pressures. Sometimes this is indicative of pulmonary hypertension - a very serious disorder. She is only 25 years old.

Please agree with our family that nothing more serious than the existing hole in her heart (that she has tolerated quite well since birth with the exception of one period of heart failure)will be revealed on Monday. I would love to live to see the day when her heart is healed completely.

She is a cardiac nurse and helps others with heart problems as her life mission. She is a fighter and has been since she was born as a tiny, three pound baby. This is evidenced by the e-mail she sent me today. She and her husband have been in Aspen, Colorado this week on vacation. She sent me a picture of her on one of the mountains with this note:

"Don't tell me I have a bad heart...I'll just hike from 10,000 ft to 14,000 ft on the top of Aspen Mountain in 40 degrees to prove everyone wrong! " :) That's my quote and I'm stickin' to it!

Love, Stephie

PS-I got as close to the edge as I could in this pic. I wanted to stand on that little rock behind me but it was a bit wobbly and almost 3 miles up would have been a long fall. :) Hehe!


I tend to believe that at those elevations, a heart and lung with much of a strain on them could not be hiking and doing so well. I have prayed for this heart for over a quarter of a century and I will not cease now.

Also, my 86 year old grandma is in the hospital with pneumonia and some cardiac concerns. She is my only living grandparent. Please pray for her quick, complete recovery.

We are trusting God.

No comments: