Thursday, October 22, 2009

An Anniversary

Luke 18:27
But He said, “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.”


Although my husband and I will celebrate our 27th wedding anniversary later this month, I celebrated another anniversary today. One year ago today, I began my duties as Lil Man's Nanny. I reflect on the amazing strength and stamina God has given to me to equip me to fulfill these duties for my grandson.

When he was born, I was on oxygen 24/7. I have battled through infections too numerous to count in the past year. I underwent 11 weeks of chemotherapy this summer. Every month I received IVIG infusions. Many days I received IV antibiotics or antifungals and then left and picked up my precious Lil Man. I truly marvel at how I have managed to accomplish this task and to reach this one year celebration of being his Nanny.

Truly, if you cannot witness God's hand in all of this, you must be spiritually blind. His handiwork is all over this achievement. During this year of demanding days of picking up our grandson, caring for him for 8 hours and returning him to his Mommy's office, I have been told that I am "end stage leukemia". I have spent days in Intensive Care. Yet, God lifts me out of the bed each day. He awakens my eyes to yet another sunrise. He helps me to tolerate my pain as I tote around a 28 pound baby boy. God keeps my mind clear and my will to live strong as I strive to care for him as long as he and his parents need me.

May God continue to breathe life into my lungs so that Lil Man's Nanny will remain on duty for many more anniversaries to come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord Stacie. He is good and will never fail us.. Donna