Sunday, March 28, 2010

An Update & Request for Prayer: March 28, 2009

I am seeing some early, encouraging improvements with the electroacupuncture protocol (see earlier post). The steady decline in my hemoglobin and platelet counts has stopped - I would like to see much more improvement, but am very grateful for any improvement! Thank you for your prayers.

I have received three treatments of electroacupuncture total - the following lab results are from before the treatment began, after one treatment, and after two treatments.

My hemoglobin has increased from 9.6 to 10 to 10.3 (Normal 12-16).

My platelets have increased from 82,000 to 85,000 to 99,000 (Normal 130,000-400,000).

All things are possible for those who believe!

I have been studying the book The Whole Body Workbook for Cancer by Dan Kenner, PhD. I have made the decision to decline any further chemotherapy treatment at this time. Most of my doctors believe that my life is threatened equally by the decline of my immune function (and subsequent, serious infections) and the leukemia.

I know with certainty, that every remaining chemotherapy option that I have will further damage my already fractured immune system. So my current plan is to follow this new protocol with the intense focus of improving my immune function. If that is achievable, then chemotherapy could be reconsidered. If I cannot improve my immune function, it will be suicidal to consider more chemotherapy.

This new protocol focuses on detoxing the body. My doctor is ordering an extensive testing panel that will be drawn on Tuesday and sent to North Carolina. This should give us some valuable information on the function of my liver and what/if any toxins are accumulating in my body. Strict dietary rules and the addition of additional supplements are also included. Time for acupuncture, Chinese massage (I will resume in April), prayer, and exercise are also vital components of this protocol.

It is very difficult to make a decision that contradicts the recommendations of my physicians. I know their recommendations are based on the protocols that they are trained to prescribe. Yet, I sense that I have made the right decision for myself, for today.

I continue to fight chest congestion and a sample was taken last week - so we are waiting to see if it returns as positive for fungal growth in my lungs (never a good finding). That could result in IV antifungals again.

5 comments:

Celeste Maia said...

My thoughts and my prayers are with you. I am so happy with the improvement you already see with the three treatments of electroacupuncture.
I am sending you healing daily together with my prayers. God bless, Celeste

Anonymous said...

Stacie, I couldn't be happier. Like I told you recently, I have felt for a long time you should go to the natural. I know it was such a touch decision, but I believe it is God for you. I am so grateful to hear of some improvement and I long to hear what happens when your body is detoxed from all the treatments. Not a day goes by that I don't think about you and pray for your complete healing.

Love and blessings my friend
Cathy

Anonymous said...

Hi, Stacie,

Easter Blessings to you and your family. We think of you and your very informed fight so often. We trust in your decisions and send our love and prayers. You are magnificent and we thank God for your life. Enjoy this beautiful week of weather as we all watch the Spring flowers bloom and experience renewal by Easter morning.

Love,

Mary, Lou and family

Anonymous said...

I pray for you to continue to have clear answers to your prayers and the strength and courage to keep moving forward. May God richly bless you!

Love ya,

Tina

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl, you amaze me! WIll continue to to pray and praise God with you over these victories! I love you so much!


Kelli