Tuesday, March 2, 2010

20,000 Visitors

Tonight, the 20,000th visitor to my blog visited. I am amazed at technology that enables readers from around the world to locate and browse blog. Even more amazing is to consider the number of prayers that have been offered on my behalf through the prayer requests and updates posted here. I hope, in turn, that readers have been encouraged or uplifted by God's Word that I have posted. I pray that lives are changed and encouraged by the sharing of His awesomeness through my humble words and testimonies. Perhaps the lyrics to a song have uplifted your spirits. We've shared a few laughs, many tears, and almost two years of this fourteen year cancer expedition. I only wish that I had blogged sooner.

My original (and continued) purpose of this blog was to leave a written account of my life, my challenges, and the Source of Hope for my family and friends when I move onto my Heavenly residence. That original purpose expanded as I realized that readers were checking in from all around the globe. And with that new audience outside of family and friends, I write with these purposes - to introduce others to the God of the Universe and to share His hope and plan of salvation for each man, woman and child.

We are encouraged in 1 Thessalonians 4:18: "Therefore comfort one another with these words." While my words in no way compare to the anointed, God breathed words of the Bible, it remains my prayer that the words I type on this blog will uplift, comfort, and encourage each one who reads them.

No comments: