Sunday, January 10, 2010

"While I'm Waiting"

A wise Christian woman once told me, "God always, always answers our prayers. Sometimes he replies with a YES, sometimes with a NO and sometimes with a WAIT." With regard to deliverance from leukemia my answer has been, "Wait patiently, child." Only eternity will reveal to me why I have had to wait. I am certain God has healed my body over and over again, otherwise I would not have survived leukemia and massive infections for nearly 14 years.

The truth of the matter regarding waiting is that most people become impatient and give up right before their prayer answers arrive. How sad that the doubt and weariness planted by Satan often rob believers of amazing answers to their prayers. As the wait for a petition to be answered is delayed, Christians become angry, impatient, and stomp off on a path that does not lead to God's answers.

Learning patience in regard to waiting for prayers to be answered is a timeless trait and one near to God's heart for us to master. The Bible, from cover to cover, is replete with writings on waiting. If you believe that waiting on God is something new to our Christian walks, think again.

Psalm 25:5
Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all the day.

Psalm 27:14
Wait on the LORD; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the LORD!

Psalm 33:20
Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield.

Psalm 40:1
I waited patiently for the LORD; and He inclined to me, and heard my cry.

Psalm 130:5
I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope.

Psalm 130:6
My soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning— yes, more than those who watch for the morning.

Isaiah 40:31
But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint

Lamentations 3:25
The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him.

Micah 7:7
Therefore I will look to the LORD; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me.

Romans 8:25
But if we hope for what we do not see, we eagerly wait for it with perseverance.

As I wait for answers to prayers my mouth have uttered, I pray that my life models the lyrics of this John Waller song. I want to remain hopeful, patient, peaceful, and worshipful as I wait. I pray my heart will continue to seek to serve Him, even if it is only with my written words, penned with prayer and praise, as I await my answers.

Lyrics to While I'm Waiting by John Waller

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Takeing every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You

YOU TUBE LINK TO THIS SONG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb7TSGptd3Y

No comments: