Sunday, January 10, 2010

Angel Gabriel


Recently while we attended an ice show, the conclusion featured an awesome ice-carved, life-sized nativity. Across from the main stable scene, was this large angel - probably 15 feet or more in height. The Angel Gabriel - Champion of God - grabbed my attention. My spirit leaped as I envisioned God's protecting angels - warrior angels - this large, surround my loved ones and me. Forget the little angel replicas we often see, I am believing that our guardian angels are as strong and mighty as this artistic interpretation.

In Luke we read: "When Gabriel appeared before Mary, he announced: 'Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. And having come in, the angel said to her, 'Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!'

But when she saw him,she was troubled at his saying, and considered what manner of greeting this was. Then the angel said to her, 'Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name JESUS. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end'.”

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What an inspiration you are. I found your blog quite by accident and I thank God that I did. I am a parental rights advocate and your blog post about the U.N. Rights of the Child Treaty showed up in a Google Alert. I like what you had to say and with your permission, would like to share it with the readers of my blog. If so, you can email me at bwalexander3@yahoo.com. I empower parents who are fighting CPS for custody of their children. Thank you. I love the scriptures that you use. I have been having a crisis of faith for quite some time now and am just starting to heal. It's so hard sometimes. I really needed the Waiting blog post. I get in such a rush and expect immediate answers but I know God gives me what I need, when I need it. Who am I to argue with Him? This is such a beautiful blog. Thank you. I wish you well and pray for healing. I used to work in hematology/oncology at Duke Medical Center so I know how tough this disease can be at times. I'm amazed at your courage.