Thursday, April 9, 2009

Infectious Disease Appointment

Thank you for all of your prayers, words of wisdom, and suggestions.

I went back to Indianapolis today to the infectious disease doctor (ID). I will double the Acyclovir dose(antiviral). I am definitely going to be on the expensive antifungal Posaconazole for life. The ID doctor said that Penicillium, one of the fungal infections I have, can become invasive. He is concerned about that fungal infection being left without daily medication.

He and my trusted family doctor agreed for me to hold on adding Bactrim to prevent Pneumocystic Pneumonia. My CD4 T-Cells are slightly above 200 and he said that once mine dip below 200, we will have no choice but to add the Bactrim.

I am able to discontinue the Augmentin and Tobramycin (inserted into sinus cavities)today! Woooohoooooo. It has been six weeks and the ID doctor thought that was adequate.

I have moved no further on making my treatment decision. I have received all of the clinical trial information from the NIH in Bethesda, Maryland (Washington, DC suburb) and hope to make a decision in the next two weeks. Please pray for God's guidance to intervene and walk me directly to the best treatment plan.

1 comment:

Terry Hamblin said...

Stacie

The reason thay are pushing for Revlimid is that any other treatment will make your immunodeficincy worse. Revlimid is immunostimulatory and might restore you resistance