Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Update & Request for Prayer: November 4, 2009

I have been running a temperature since yesterday. I do not appear to have the other symptoms of H1N1, so I don't believe that is the cause of the fevers. Nevertheless, tomorrow I will return to the cancer center to be desensitized to yet another drug. This will take about 5 hours. Please pray that I do not have any serious reactions to the new drug and the the fevers will quickly resolve.

I cannot believe that I have not been able to shake these fungal and bacterial sinus/lung infections. I am closing in on one year of this battle. I am currently taking 4 antibiotics and 2 antifungals. I am taking these drugs in pill form, nasal spray form, and two of the drugs using intranasal washings. I pray another round of daily IV treatments is not looming for me.

I will consult with an ENT in Indianapolis on the 16th. I anticipate that he will want to perform an endoscopic examination to collect more samples for culturing.

My WBC has remained in the normal range, however, other counts such as my platelets have moved me back to Stage IV from Stage II. This leukemia is a very strange performer. How can I have a normal WBC yet be in Stage IV? Tomorrow, I will have additional labs drawn to be certain I am not neutropenic while experiencing fevers - not a good combination.

Please pray for our family as H1N1 has hit very close to home.

No comments: