Monday, April 4, 2011

A New Favorite

Just in time for Easter, I discovered Casting Crowns' song Glorious Day. The lyrics replay over and over again in my mind and spirit. I am inspired and grateful for what my Savior has done for each of us - dying on a cross for the forgiveness of our sins.

Go to You Tube to listen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXp6xcY5IqU .

The lyrics are:

One day when Heaven was filled with His praises


One day when sin was as black as could be

Jesus came forth to be born of a virgin

Dwelt among men, my example is He

Word became flesh and the light shined among us

His glory revealed

Living, He loved me

Dying, He saved me

Buried, He carried my sins far away

Rising, He justified freely forever

One day He’s coming

Oh glorious day, oh glorious day

One day they led Him up Calvary’s mountain

One day they nailed Him to die on a tree

Suffering anguish, despised and rejected

Bearing our sins, my Redeemer is He

Hands that healed nations, stretched out on a tree

And took the nails for me

One day the grave could conceal Him no longer

One day the stone rolled away from the door

Then He arose, over death He had conquered

Now He’s ascended, my Lord evermore

Death could not hold Him, the grave could not keep Him

From rising again

One day the trumpet will sound for His coming

One day the skies with His glories will shine

Wonderful day, my Beloved One, bringing

My Savior, Jesus, is mine

No comments: