Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Quick Update: January 30, 2011

Last week drew to a close and I completely the daily IV antibiotics. Gradually, I have been able to wean off the oxygen and my breathing is improving daily. Tomorrow, I will receive my all day IVIG treatment and then February will dawn on Tuesday. And I have officially declared February as the "I will not be admitted to the hospital or require IV drugs or blood transfusion Month!"

I am always hard on myself. I expect to be up, whizzing around and full of energy. Then I paused in reflection yesterday about January. I spent fifteen of thirty-one days in ICU, at the cancer center or receiving outpatient IVs at the hospital. I received six blood transfusions. I had an ablation. I received two IVIG treatments. Two drug desensitizations were required. And a week of IV antibiotics had to be tossed into the plan. No wonder I am tired - I need to learn to be more accepting of my body and what it can still accomplish amidst staggering medical demands.

I thank you for your prayers. January is drawing to a close with my heart being filled to overflowing with gratitude. God has truly protected me, healed me, and encouraged me through it all.

Through It All
Andre' Crouch

I've had many tears and sorrows,

I've had questions for tomorrow,

There's been times I didn't know right from wrong.

but in every situation,

God gave me blessed consulation,

That my trials come to only make me strong.

Chorus:

Through it all,

Through it all,

I've learned to trust in Jesus,

I've learned to trust in God.

Through it all,

Through it all,

I've learned to depend upon His Word.

VERSE 2:

I've been to lots of places,

I've seen alot of faces,

There's been times I felt so all alone.

But in my lonely hours,

Yes, those precious lonely hours,

Jesus let's me know that I was His own

CHORUS

VERSE 3:

I thank God for the mountains,

And I thank Him for the valleys,

I thank Him for the storms He brought Me through.

For if I'd never had a problem,

I wouldn't know God could solve them,

I'd never known what Faith in God could do

To listen to this song:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFzdFzzBqTc

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's to a healthy February!