Monday, February 14, 2011

Half Way Through February

Fourteen of February's days have passed and I have not been admitted to ICU or been to the cancer center. That is pretty amazing for me! After January's bumpy start to 2011, the break has been more than welcome. I truly needed a break from all things leukemia. That probably best explains my absence from the world of blogging - my apologies to those of you who have e-mailed with concerns about my absence.

My insurance and prescription card provider (Medco) have done their best to irritate me and have caused me much grief this month. Medco has decided to reject prescription after prescription. They rejected my antifungal and I was without it for three days, so I am battling a fungal sinus infection due to their negligence. Don't you just love it when the insurance "gods" try to outguess our doctors about what medications we need?

I did go to Indianapolis last week and saw my Infectious Disease doctor. He is concerned about the fungal infection in my sinuses since they can spread to the brain (and God knows my brain is about the only body part that still functions well). He said if I don't improve soon, I will have to resume IV antifungals everyday. So, please pray for the infection to improve and for Medco not to reject my antifungal tomorrow when I go to refill it. My Infectious Disease doctor, who was consulted throughout January's quandaries, commented on what a miracle it is that I survived all that I did in January.

I probably have never sensed such a debt of gratitude in my heart to God as I have this month. Time to reflect on all that I survived and conquered, with the help of Almighty God, has been humbling and awe-inspiring. Thanks, God! (And thanks to all of you for your prayers of intercession for me.)

1 comment:

Yeast Infection said...

Now your February is going in right way. We will definitely pray for the infection to improve and for Medco not to reject your antifungal tomorrow when you go to refill it.