Friday, July 2, 2010

A Prayer for Today: July 2, 2010

Father,

We rejoice for the Holy Spirit's comforting and guidance. We are grateful for the Helper whom You have left with us. Where would we be without the Holy Spirit in our lives? Luke 12:12 instructs us: "For the Holy Spirit will teach you in that very hour what you ought to say.” So tonight, Lord, I pray that each of our spirits will be prompted by the Holy Spirit to pray for needs that surround us.

Before I ask Your touch upon so many urgent petitions tonight, I ask You, Father, to "Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me,and lead me in the way everlasting" (Psalm 139:23-24. May our hearts, minds and souls be cleansed by the Blood of Jesus.

Lord, as I type this, you are aware of the heartaches and concerns that each of us is facing. May the presence of the Holy Spirit be deeply sensed by us daily. May Your peace flood each soul's heart. May Your purpose be sensed in each soul's life. May Your hope be instilled in each soul's spirit. May we be always inclined to seek YOUR way for OUR lives. I am thankful that Your ways are always right for us.

We love you, Dear Father. We are grateful beyond what words can express for your goodness and mercy that You extend to each of Your children.

In Jesus' Name I pray. AMEN.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello! I am Patty, a fellow cllr, who is checking on you. I read your blog faithfully; and I can't tell you how much your posts mean to me....you are an inspiration to all. Since you haven't posted in a while, I thought I'd check on you. Hope all is well and that you've been busy with family. Blessings to you!! Patty