Friday, February 12, 2010

An Update & Praise for February 12, 2010

The stomach villain continued to strike after my last update. My husband, daughter, son-in-law, and mom all succumbed to this virus. Fortunately, everyone is recovering and all of us hope that this virus takes up residence elsewhere, for a very long time.

I have reported on my discovery of some research that suggested that Vitamin B3 could improve neutrophil counts. For my regular readers, you know that for nearly a year I have battled neutropenia and required frequent injections of Neupogen to improve these counts and my body's ability to fight infection.

Since beginning the fairly high doses of Vitamin B3, my neutropenia has disappeared! I have not required Neupogen injections for over two weeks now! Sometimes science ignores the simple, safe, inexpensive solutions to very complicated problems. My $5.00 bottle of Vitamin B3 will last for about ten days. Ten days worth of Neupogen injections cost $4500.00. I doubt that big pharmaceutical will embrace this research since no profit is to be gained from a simple Vitamin B3 capsule.

For today, I am rejoicing. I praise God for directing me to this research. I thank Him for giving me a safe, affordable solution to a very serious problem. Neutropenia can open the door to life-threatening infections. For today, God has utilized Vitamin B3 to slam the door on those lurking infections and has enforced and enlarged my army of neutrophils. Thanks, God, You are a great friend!

1 comment:

Dori Myers said...

that is awesome, Stacie! Praise God!
Reminds me of Psalm 40: 1-3
1I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.

2He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

3And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.