Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Bunny

The little snow bunny turns 17 months old! Today is frigid and snowy - and even Lil Man knows how much his Grammy loves the snow. With a break in the snow showers, I bundled him up in his snow suit, mittens and coat and off we went into the wild blue yonder. We decided to celebrate his birthday with his first sledding trip down the big hill. With Lil Man's great grandparents as onlookers, I sat him on my lap, crossed my leg and away we went on the saucer sled. His big brown eyes grew even bigger as the snow licked his face on the ride down the hill. Great Grandpa and Grandma even took their turns down the icy slope. This same hill had welcomed my winter trips as a child and then the sledding parties of our own daughters. Another generation made his maiden voyage today on his 17 month birthday! In the words of Lil Man, "Brrrrrr!"

He loves snow - he calls it "balls", I interpret that as his shortened version of snowballs! Whenever it snows, I gather a plastic bowl of snow for him and bring it inside. We form little "balls" and make miniature snowmen. Then Lil Man takes a few frigid bites of snow and his tongue tingles with cold. And the snow slowly melts before our eyes.

I told Lil Man that we are true Olympians now - trained and ready to join the US bobsled team for the upcoming Vancouver Olympics! I am certain he would win a gold medal because everything he does is so perfect in the opinion of his Grammy!

Happy 17 month Birthday, Lil Man! Grammy loves you.

2 comments:

justme said...

That sounds like so much fun! I can just picture you two wisking down that hill. We're getting a bunch of snow up our way, too. Roads are bad, but the landscape is just beautiful.

A very happy 17 month birthday to you, Lil Man!

Deb Light said...

Oh it is so fun to sled with the grands!So glad you and Lil Man could get out and enjoy it.WE didn't get enough this time and most of it melted today.I like the little snowmen idea.Will have to try that!
Have you made tried making snow cream with him yet?We love snow cream!!